If you are interested in engineering and IT and have an aptitude for attention to detail and precision, then this Apprenticeship is for you. During this Apprenticeship you will have full training and development in the use and deployment of 2D and 3D technologies, construction principles and the management of data to support the delivery of the UK's most significant infrastructure project.
You will attend the College one day per week during which time you will work towards and gain BTEC L3 Diploma in Construction & the Built Environment (Civil).
WHAT DOES THIS COURSE INVOLVE?
You may study the following units:
- Unit 1 – Construction Principles 120
- Unit 2 – Construction Design 120
- Unit 4 – Construction Technology
- Unit 5 – Health and Safety in Construction
- Unit 9 – Management of a Construction Project
- Unit 11 – Site Engineering for Construction
- Unit 15 – Further Mathematics for Construction
- Unit 18 – Building Information Modelling
- Unit 23 – Construction in Civil Engineering
- Unit 37 – Specialist Civil Engineering Techniques NVQ L3 Diploma in Built Environment Design (601/2668/1) pathway 2 Civils.
- Unit 1 – Produce and Recommend Detailed Design Solutions in Built Environment Design
- Unit 2 – Maintain Professional Relationships and Practice in Built Environment Design
- Unit 3 – Investigate Factors Affecting Project Development in Built Environment Design
- Unit 4 – Prepare Drawings and Schedules in Built Environment Design
- Unit 5 – Collate project information and prepare specifications in Built Environment Design (Option)
- Unit 6 – Plan, Carry Out and Present Measured Surveys in Built Environment Design
The typical entry requirements for this Apprenticeship will be five GCSEs or
equivalent, including Maths and English; or a Level 2 Apprenticeship.
WHAT ARE THE ASSESSMENT METHODS
There will be various assessments throughout the Apprenticeship. You will collect a portfolio of evidence over the duration of the Apprenticeship. There will also be a final end point assessment comprising of a project and interview to discuss your work and knowledge.
WHAT ARE THE PROGRESSION METHODS
After the Apprenticeship, you will be a qualified Digital Engineer with significant career opportunities as the industry moves to rely on modelling to deliver modern construction techniques.
Following the UK Government mandate for BIM Level 2, this career will offer significant advantages to candidates and allow for successful and prosperous career within construction.