The aim of the programme is to provide work ready technicians and scientists with the relevant skills, knowledge and behaviours to work within a highly technical environment.
Topic areas include:
- Decommissioning and Project Case Studies and Management;
- Principles of Electrical and Mechanical Science;
- Nuclear Science and the Industry;
- Project Management and Business Improvement;
- Nuclear Safety Case Design.
A suitable Level 3 qualification (equivalent to 48 UCAS points) or a Level 3 National College for Nuclear Access to Nuclear Engineering and Science.
The programme provides a thorough background in the key elements of the nuclear life-cycle thus preparing the student for employment.
The programme also enables the student to select a specific pathway relevant to their employment aspirations and/or local employment demand.
2 years full time or 3 years part time (block release delivery).