In this ever-changing environment, we need to continue to evolve our mission to meet the needs of the landscape and so our strategic focus areas take account of the changing landscape and the UK’s Net Zero commitment.
Our main strategic drivers are:
- The expanding role of nuclear in the UK, both decommissioning, new build, and the advancement of new technology such as Small Modular Reactors and Fusion
- The Government’s commitment to a Net Zero economy by 2050 and the recognised part that nuclear plays in delivering that commitment
- The Government’s ‘10 point plan for a Green Industrial Revolution’
- The increased understanding and the prominence of sustainability in industry strategies
- The competition for skilled workers in the UK labour market
- The ambition to reinvigorate the employment market through building technical skills through vocational training